This dessert is painfully easy to make and it. is. delicious. I love that I always have the ingredients on hand because they’re so commonplace. Just make sure you give yourself a few hours to let them cool down and harden a bit before you serve them.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, (just use your hands, they’re sufficient tools for this) blend together melted butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of a foiled and greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar and flour. Whisk in the eggs, zest, and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top of the bars right before you serve them. Keep leftovers refrigerated.