Make this the next time you make fish tacos… You will be soooooo glad you did….
This has become a staple recipe for taco nights at my parents house. Grilled tilapia tacos with just a few spoonfuls of pineapple salsa is all it takes. Delicious and EASY!
(I imagine it would also taste delicious on top of some grilled chicken or pork)
To make this you’ll need:
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- dash ground red pepper, cayenne or chipotle
- 1-2 finely minced jalapeno peppers, optional
- juice of 1 fresh lime, about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour or so (to let the flavors meld together and get alllllll tasty).
Serve with chips or on top of your favorite tacos: