This salsa has the perfect balance of sweetness and heat. It can be eaten alone with chips, but I prefer it wrapped in a taco, burrito, or even in a southwestern style salad. We had a burrito night the first night my mom was in town. I actually cut the recipe in half and it still fed 4 people with some leftovers.
Ingredients for Roasted Corn Salsa:
- 6 ears of yellow corn
- 2 poblano chilies
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the corn and poblano chilies on a grill.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Dice poblano chilies, onion and jalapeno peppers.
- Combine all the ingredients and season to taste.