These cookies are amazing. AMAZING. Like last meal amazing. Serve them when the Queen stops by AMAZING. Make them. Now!
This recipe has been hanging on our fridge for years now (you can tell a good recipe by the wear of the page):
The recipe reads:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more for sprinkling on top of the cookies if you wish)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet morsels
First sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl cream together shortening, sugars, eggs, and extract. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Lastly mix in chocolate and oats just until combined (try not to overmix).
Spoon heaping teaspoonfuls of dough onto greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350. Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd VOILA!